Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Variegated Pink Cardigan



This was Adya's first knitted sweater, so I have special affection for it. She was due in September and I anticipated that the weather may be chilly by the time of her arrival. So I knitted it just before her birth. The size was approximate but it fitted her well.

I put this cardigan on her few months back and with some struggle, it still fit her.


Notes to self

Cast on: Cable method
Sleeve type: Straight
Neck Shape: V
Stitch type: Stockinette
Ribbing: 1k1p
Color: Pink variegated
Yarn Type: Mohair look synthetic
Gauge Info: N/A


I have realized that in choosing the yarn for the babies few things must be kept in mind:
- It should be soft to touch
- It should be fairly stretchable so that the sweater can grow with the child
- It's effect should reflect in the color; e.g., pastels give soft look
- The choice should make finished sweater comfy and roomy


Design Copyrighted. Please do not use anything from this site without my consent.

No comments :