Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 14 - 18 (Aug 18 - 22): Weblog Update


This past week, there was a deadline to meet. This just made me slow down on my series Friends. Which, in fact, is a good thing, given it gave me a chance to do the squint eye test on the project as a whole. After a full week of planning, preparing, working and executing Friends , this welcome distraction came as a pressure valve. 

Looking back, I can say, it has helped me get back to work rather fondly.

Before calling it a week, I had, finally, finished  model 1 for the series.  Airbrushed and ready to frame!  Details of the portrait process can be found here. I would look forward to some good references for the framers at this point. I keep looking...

As a side note, I have been reading Picasso lately.

It made me quite amazed by the depth and breadth of the work by this genius. I also feel there has been many places where he's routinely quoted out of context. He had deservedly earned the respect and legendary fame.

Another book on the reading list is, Ajanta Caves. It is a a beautiful reference book for anyone interested in enjoying the historical arts. 



No comments :