Monday, November 17, 2014

Working for Self, Seriously?



I need to share about the freelance work.

Recently I had been asked what I do. And I tried to keep the answer tidy and direct.
"I am an artist."
"Oh wow. Okay." Followed by a pause. "So, what do you do?"
"I make art." I said excitedly, explaining process of painting portraits.
"No, I mean what do you do for a living?"
Okay, it was little awkward.
"I work as an artist, full-time. That's what I do."
Longer pause.
"Seriously?"

It would have been easier if I had said, hey I am an engineer. And conversation would probably have been on where I work or on what technology.


But, this is what I signed up for. So, enjoy the perks of being different. Enjoy the freelance life!



====================


After meeting the deadlines for the Fall shows, exhibitions and shows its a time for getting back to the work and letting that rush-to-create to overcome you. I can finally focus fully on the series' at hand.

While I wasn't blogging, in the past weeks, I

1. Finished two more oil portraits.
2. More than 2 pen portraits
3. 1 America artwork

Until the next post!

No comments :