Monday, January 4, 2016

Portrait Series II on Display


Remember the Call?

I am happy to post that the Portrait Series,  Portrait Series II finished last year and is now on display.  You might remember that I sent out a call for the models which read :

For this project you are invited to participate as a model.
Anyone in  the range of 14 - 50 can take part.
The portraits will be painted from your photos that I will take. So, you don't have to sit for the paintings.

The photoshoot would be 20 to 40 minutes long, followed by a get-to-know session. It would include a small introduction and discussion about details of the process. We will discuss your likes, dislikes, favorite color, and stuff like that. A mini interview, if you like.
Based on this session, I will paint your portrait.


I posted this on my blog and later on a facebook group and linkedin. From the responses I shortlisted a few people. Contacted them and invited them for the photoshoot. 


The Process

This part is most time consuming yet really awesome! Thrill to know someone whom you'd paint is very motivating . The idea of painting as a means of capturing the whole personality is the essence of portraiture art.

Then followed the photoshoot, painting,  getting the work display ready, Inviting the sitter to view, viewing-by-sitter, and finally, the display in the exhibition.

The selected portraits are accepted and are on display in show titled Expressions


And Here We Are


Given how unpredictable things can be, I am delighted that everything went as expected and beyond! 

I want to thank the sitters for their gift of time - they allowed me to paint their faces for my art enrichment experience. Its not just  commitment, its an act of kindness and support and I am extremely thankful for that. Along the way, I made friends, renewed friendships, and learned so much.

I invite everyone to Mission Coffee, 151 Washington Blvd., to see this display. Its on till Jan 31. I will be there on Sunday, Jan 10 from 3 to 5, so drop by!



(This is one of the selected portraits on display. Sitter is Rupali.)
 "Dreamer"
Oil on Stretched Canvas
16 x 20

What Lies Ahead

One ending is the beginning of something new. I continue to paint faces. 

If you'd like to join me in this journey, you are very welcome. Just email me or call me, I will take it from there. And above all, keep sending your best wishes, we all need it. 



No comments :