Monday, February 16, 2015

Portrait Series II : Support the Art

Do you like art, support art, or want to be part of art, please keep reading!


Call for Models


With her portrait from series Friends


For this project you are invited to participate as a model.
Anyone in  the range of 14 - 50 can take part.
The portraits will be painted from your photos that I will take. So, you don't have to sit for the paintings.

The photoshoot would be 20 to 40 minutes long, followed by a get-to-know session. It would include a small introduction and discussion about details of the process. We will discuss your likes, dislikes, favorite color, and stuff like that. A mini interview, if you like.
Based on this session, I will paint your portrait.
If you have already participated in an earlier series, you can again, too.


You don't have to be present for painting part. But you can always check on the progress. In fact, I will regularly update you on the progress.


This project will begin around July/ August and would continue until 12-20 portraits are ready.

I will hand out more information and other details as a followup and would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

For the exhibition purposes, your personal information will not be revealed.


About me:

I have been painting portraits and other things for almost about a year now. Let me know if you'd like to see sample of my work.

I work from my home-studio based out of Bay Area. So, if you are local  you can visit when you like!


Project Info:

This series will be proposed for an exhibition.
It will be a collection of portrait paintings created around a theme.


The portraits will be painted from photographs selected from the ones that I would take. Model can bring  the pictures of their liking. If you are not available for the picture shoots but would like to participate, we can set up a phone call where we can discuss how you may have your own pictures taken and sent over for the painted portraits.

During photoshoot, I will try to capture the personality as a whole. Likes, dislikes, favorite color, special interests, hobbies, and any other information that you'd like to share. If we have already met, the photoshoot time would be really short.

I am planning to paint over 20 portraits but this may change.

The painted portraits will be used for the purpose of art enrichment such as exhibition and will be available for sale after that.


Remuneration:

Any prints of the portraits will be made available to the model free of cost.
The model can buy their original portrait before/ after it's been exhibited.
It is a volunteering  opportunity for the art project.


For more information:

Leave a comment below, or
comment or PM me at my facebook page or
mail me at bhavna.misra@gmail.com


Thanks for reading. I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments :