Monday, March 9, 2009

Blue & White Sweater - II

A picture is worth a thousand words. So here are some from my recent project.

This is the swatch from Vogue Stitchionary that I thought could become a point of start for a two-colored sweater

Or may be this one

So I tried both combinations in the colors I had
but neither seemed promising!

So, I decided to alter the approach altogether and considered the following for a possible restart point.
It has more than 4 colors but I modified it to only 2 for my project. And the result was quite neat!

I combined it with seed stitch
But it looked kinda rusty. But I didn't want to go back to stockinette or texture. That made me gravitate towards garter. Hmmmm....let me try it, I thought. And here is the final result!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Amazingly lovely! I love the blue you've used and the stitch pattern is a fantastic touch!

Bhavna said...

Thank you very much, Preeti. Blue is such a fresh color and I didn't realize white would give it such a nice character.

Crazy Mind said...

Beautiful!!