"The hardest part of any journey is taking that first step." - Unknown
The First Step
While getting back to reading, writing, painting, or anything you love should not be hard, its easier said than done. I wish I could pinpoint the day or the time or the thought that held be from the corner of my shirt and made me stop in my track. Now that, I say it aloud here, I think I can backtrack the chain of events that made me realize the power of ideas. I mean, really what it is.
Is this the same wisdom that proverbially comes with age?
Or even at more profound level, called enlightenment. Whatever this is, its extremely pleasant. Like finding a hundred dollar bill in the inside pocket of the jacket that you so wear often but don't care to check. I mean it was there alright, but it made you happy when you finally owned it!
I know it may sound slightly disconnected at the time, but I have come to realize the timing is really the key between the good and truly refined! And it is almost divine to have a combination of the life changing idea and the luxury of right timing to atleast jot it down for accomplishing that idea. If I could do that, I would consider it a huge success to get my first step in the right direction.
The Clarity of Thought
No matter how good your intentions are and how resourceful you may be, if you don't act at the right time, its all for nothing. As I progress here, unraveling the chain of thoughts, I am finding things more and more incoherent as opposed to what I initially had in mind. It has to go.
So, here is a start over. Some bullet points, some random ramblings and then getting back at ironing out the kinks of expressions and elaborating for myself and whoever comes along for the ride. Fasten your seatbelts!
- Write down the ideas. All of them.
- Be yourself. You are you, because of your past. Accept it and try to make the best out of it for the future
- Every day is not just a new day. It may be the beginning of something special, so treat it with respect. Please, don't waste a single moment.
- Keep the thoughts in the right prioritized manner. What good is a genius idea that is left unexpressed.
- Work with focus, determination, and with the expectation of the best.
- Just do it, when you know, you can!
Have Maturity, Display It
Know what you want. Write it down.
How would you know what you want if you haven't known. Like, how would you know strawberry is your favorite fruit unless you have eaten it!
Ummmm, wrong metaphor?
Wait, here is what I am trying to say. If you don't know where you want to go, how would you reach there? Okay, this is better.
- What do you want to accomplish in 5 years, 1 year, 6 months, 1 month, a week, a day. Right now?
- If not now, when
- Are different dreams mutually exclusive? I hope not, otherwise, its gonna be hard, if not downright infeasible.
As I start off the new dream, which has to be shared here sometime soon, I have chosen to keep the progress log public. By baring, I hope to keep myself motivated and energized. Also, I hope this will take me an inch closer to my goal everyday.