Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Class

I can't believe it's already over! The class that I began with so much anticipation, curiosity and confidence has finally come to an end. When you are having fun, time flies like a jet. No wonder, it seems it ended just too soon.

In this class, I was forced to apply my abilities and skills to a great extent. I wouldn't have known I could do until I did it. For instance, the first day of cast drawing. He put a cast on the stage and asked to draw. And I thought, 'Really? No warm up, no here is how you start - just draw?' turned out, that was the case. Draw what you see. If you don't see it, this is not the class for you! I knew I was scared for my mind told me 'There is no way that's happening. Why did I sign up for this class in the first place? Oh me and my inner artist!'

But an hour or so later I could see the likeness of cast appear on my very drawing pad. No way! I did this? I thought! So I do see it. It was until now nothing or nobody pushed me this hard to create. I have to give points to this class to bring that out of me. By the time I finished the drawing, my confidence knew no bounds. "I did it! I did it!" I later told my handsome(oh I have to tell this story) husband. He thought it was strange that I didn't know if I could do it! "Sure! You are so good!" "You have no idea what I found out about myself!" I told him. There were so many eureka moments after this and each one intrigued my curiosity for learning some more.

Final day concluded with critique of the final project. Went well. We got the final grade. I got A-. Expected for more but hey, you can't really have it all. More in the next post and I hope to post pics up very soon.

3 comments :

Trish said...

wowww youuuuu did it!! great job,B!

Bhavna said...

Thanks Trish!

Crazy Mind said...

you are awesome is all I can say.