Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where is the mojo?

The past few weeks had been rather rough on me especially on my artsy craftsy side. I just don't like being sick but that's what I got. Thank you food poisoning :-( All I had to do was to eat something that didn't sit well with my stomach. It made me so sick that I threw up everything I ate till then that day. Afterwards I could not eat or drink for 3 full days. Whenever I tried to eat or drink it came out of my system in seconds. By the end of the third day, I was admitted in the hospital for a couple of hours so that I could be given saline water to keep me hydrated. Once I was discharged, I could take one sip of water every five minutes. That seemed to work and after another couple of days I could finally eat some solids. I think, by then my body had been terribly bored with no-fun routine and decided to give me a break. :-)

There is always some good that comes out of situations like this. For example, this sick-period gave me ample time to think over things. And I did a great job in that department. Oh well, the super positive thinker's attitude! We cannot think any other way but this. Oh and about all that thinking I came across some very bright ideas that I have to share with the readers here. But in small installments. So, stay tuned.

For now, first things first. I have to finish 75 more sketches to finish my sketch-book. Yeah, that's right! I have done only 25 so far and it has to be before May 15. I know, I know. Outrageous, isn't it? But wait till you hear what else is left to do. 1 full master project that will make 50% of the final grade again before May 21. Plus three profile pictures to complete the final submission. Okay, now tell me am I entitled to be freaked out or what! (Deep breath, deep breath...)

Okay, after a 10 minutes break, a glass of cold water and three phone calls later I have decided to focus on the very first step that I have to take rather than getting overwhelmed by the whole scary big picture. Woah, that feels nice. Baby steps. One at a time. I think my mojo is back. I will post some pics soon to prove that. :-)

No comments :