Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Painting - why we paint

Its almost a fourth week into the painting class that I am taking. There is so much opportunity to grasp what's all been there since forever. I still ponder over 'why I paint' questions, get confused when no sensible answer pops out and then try to go deeper into or out of the paintings to seek wisdom.

There are more wider canvases to paint, beyond myself, beyond my surroundings and beyond everything that meets to the eye. And often this emotional aspect of journey dwarfs the physical one. I know other people face similar tussle among themselves, a process of self evolution, so private yet so impersonal. And that helps me put things into perspective.

Things uncover for the better or for worse, there is this spark that makes you to to rise to the occasion. I hope this hurry, this rush, this urgency gets me to my right answers sooner! 
 
Why, if you read this, do you paint?

2 comments :

Frank Zweegers said...

Interesting read!

Bhavna said...

Thanks! I visited your blog but couldn't follow it - language barrier!

I would be happy to know why you paint?